Specialty: Nonsmooth Mechanics and Optimization.
- 1963: Born and grown up in Chania, Crete, Greece
- 1985: Diploma of Civil Engineering with highest honours (9.20/10), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- 1991: Phd with honours, Department of Civil Engineer, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- 2000: Habilitation and venia legendi for mechanics, Department of Civil Engineering, Carolo Wilhelmina Technical University, Braunschweig, Germany
- 2001-2005: Associate Professor of Mechanics, Department of Mathematics, University of Ioannina, Greece
- 2005-today: Professor, Department of Production Engineering and Management, Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece
- 2011-2013: Head of the Department of Production Engineering and Management
- 2013-today: Deputy Rector of the Technical University of Crete.
Education: Diploma (1985) and PhD (1991) from the Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece.
Research Interests: Computational Mechanics, non-Smooth Mechanics and Optimization.
Division: Decision Sciences.
Laboratory: Computational Mechanics and Optimization.
Teaching: Computational Mechanics - Finite Elements, Intelligent Industrial Control and Mechatronics, Dynamics, Vibrations and Control of Structures, Advanced Topics in Computational Mechanics, Non smooth mechanics and optimization, Optimal design of materials and structures.
- telephone: +302821037418
- email: gestavrdpem.tuc.gr
- address: School of Production Engineering and Management, Technical University of Crete, 73100 Chania, Greece.
- office: D5.109